ACARS decoder using rtl-sdr

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sun Jul 21 23:40:34 UTC 2013

> However when I enter
>
> ./rtl_acars -f 131550k
>
> I get this error message : bash: ./rtl_acars: Permission denied
>
> What can be wrong? I use ubuntu 12.04 (sorry I am new to Linux)

Do you have the right access level to use the USB device?  Try running
as the root user to see if that works.  If not, see if you can use the
rtl_fm program first, and try rtl_acars again once rtl_fm is working.
(Just because Google will be more help for rtl_fm issues since more
people have used it.)

Cheers,
Adam.