Delay after rtlsdr_cancel_async

Alexey Kruglov alexey.kruglov at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 17:18:25 UTC 2013

Hi.

Since there's no discussion, I'll write a little more about that extra
delay issue.

> I noticed there is a 1 second delay in librtlsdr between calling
> rtlsdr_cancel_async and releasing from rtlsdr_read_async. I'm writing a

1) I suggest to incorporate the first of my two fixes into the master
branch. The first fix sholdn't break anything, it works well for me and
fixes the delay bug. I moved on to my other projects, and ain't going to
investigate this problem any more.

> And the two possible fixes for 1 second delay bug depending on the
> answer are (diffs):
> ===
> 1630a1631
>> 	struct timeval tv_nb = { 0, 0 };
> 1696c1697
> < 				libusb_handle_events_timeout(dev->ctx, &tv);
> ---
>> 				libusb_handle_events_timeout(dev->ctx, &tv_nb);
> ===

2) There was an error in my second fix: I obviously should have removed
only the libusb_handle_events_timeout line, not the whole `if'.

--
GPG fp: 6DFA 1186 7576 DE60 6CCB  EB39 AD81 1733 EEBB 970A