segmentation fault on Ubuntu 12.04

Peter A. Bigot pab at pabigot.com
Mon Jan 21 00:45:11 UTC 2013

On 01/20/2013 06:03 PM, Steve Markgraf wrote:
> On 20.01.2013 23:42, Peter A. Bigot wrote:
>> cb transfer status: 1, canceling...
>>
>> Library error 0, exiting...
>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> Which version of libusb do you have installed? I just tried to
> reproduce this behaviour on a Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 machine with
> libusb 1.0.9~rc3-2ubuntu1, but it works fine here.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

Info below.  FWIW, the problem did occur with two RTL2832U from
different manufacturers (one E4000 one R820T, both from NooElec),
plugged directly into a USB port on a System 76 laptop (no hub
involved), and persisted over multiple reboots.   It was only reverting
that patch that made it work at all.

The segfault makes sense, since the patch has the library detect a
transfer error that used to be ignored and then set a flag that inhibits
the wait for in-progress asynch actions to complete before shutting
down: AFAICT libusb1 is known to get upset when this happens.  I'm
guessing the error was transient or diagnostic of some other condition,
and should not have been taken as a sign that the device had gone away
and the library should shut down.

lemur4[3]$ dpkg-query -s libusb-1.0-0
Package: libusb-1.0-0
  Library for programming USB applications without the knowledge
  of Linux kernel internals.
Homepage: http://www.linux-usb.org/