installing rtl-sdr and whether I need to reinstall gnuradio

Mike Sousa mike_sousa at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 18:33:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

In reading the directions for rtl-sdr installation, I'm curious if following line in the Software section (http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr#Softwarer):

"Please note: prior pulling a new version from git and compiling it,
please do a "make uninstall" first to properly remove the previous
version"

means to uninstall my gnuradio installation, or if I have one, just the rtl-sdr software?

I don't have any rtl-sdr software installed yet, but I do have a recent gnuradio installed (v3.6.?) on Ubuntu 12.10. Thanks for your help.

'73' Mike, KB1QVO