Multiple dongles 1 rtl-server

Mathison Ott mathisono at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 06:38:52 UTC 2013

Im hopping to spark up a diolog to help to rewrite the RTL-server that
the group has produced... I currently use the RTL-server with the
ghpsdr-alex DSP-server.  I have some code that alows the RTL-server to
see multible dongles... the Problem is that unlike the Softrock-server
a qtradio user cant select between the different receivers when
connecting. The DSP-server needs mods to accept a tcp packet from a
RTL-server with multiple RTL-dongles attached to its hardware. Keep in
mind could the user select between dongles using a qt_radio check box,
like the gain control. This could help to mange multiple qtradio
client connections to a server. Say one receiver is indicated to be In
Use, then a client can select the next one that isn't in use.

 I just found most of the rtl dongles to be usfull because of the vhf
uhf spectrum they can receive. I have a few of the DVb units and I
realized that i cant run more that one thou a DSP server at a time.

Its could become useful to write DSP-server that hosts mixed devices.

73 Mathison KJ6DZB