osmocom-sdr Digest, Vol 15, Issue 3

Jeff Murri murrij at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:20:09 UTC 2013

> -Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 22:49:14 +0100
> From: Benedikt Heinz <zn000h at gmail.com>
> To: osmocom-sdr at lists.osmocom.org
> Subject: new SDR project (bladeRF) on kickstarter
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> just stumbled across this SDR on kickstarter:
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1085541682/bladerf-usb-30-software-defined-radio
> (found via hackaday)
> Maybe this is interesting for some of you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> hunz

I saw this too. It looks like a great piece of kit. Doesn't the dollars he's asking seem a bit steep though? Maybe not, and I'm hoping this comes off as a serious question. If it were opened up so that the dollars asked was lower then there'd be a lot of backers, which in turn drives build costs down further?
If HackRF is half as good as I think it's going to be, then the $$ is definitely way to high. Just my (possibly uninformed) opinion.

--Jeff