alancorey at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 02:45:57 UTC 2013
>> I forgot to mention it, but rtl_sdr (the simplest one) also doesn't
>> work. I was looking at trying to adapt them to use the Gnu pth
> I think Pth won't help things on OpenBSD versions which already use
> kernel threads (5.2+), and unlikely to have helped earlier versions
> with userland threads either, the problem with userland thread
> implementations is how file descriptor blocking is handled.
I was trying to figure out whether pth was abandoned or just mature enough that it doesn't need any more updates. Looks like it's just mature. I was suspicious that it was somebody's thesis project.
This machine I'm trying to run on lately under 5.2 is dual core, and various things indicate that threads are less effective with multiple CPUs. It's my first dual core. Cost me $37.
>> There are also Gnuradio sources that can work from rtl_tcp.
> working on this ;)
Me too, I failed a bunch of QA self-tests with segfaults but I'm not hearing from my post to the gnuradio-discuss list.
Your patch/diff for the cmake stuff works fine under OpenBSD, but not under Linux:
Linking C executable rtl_test
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lTRUE
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [src/rtl_test] Error 1
make: *** [src/CMakeFiles/rtl_test.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Gotta dereference that test result, sort of, somehow. I did the patching by hand with an editor but I'm fairly sure it's right. I did it in the OpenBSD partition, then copied to the Linux partition.
The sync/async stuff is interesting. I was assuming it was somehow more radio-related, like sync detection or sync related to the A/D process than USB sync.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the osmocom-sdr