Licensing issues

Scott Cutler scott at scottcutler.net
Wed Sep 26 08:45:56 UTC 2012

Dual-licensing is an option I've considered.  It may work, but I haven't
thought through it fully yet.

The short answer here is that the legal stuff is *unbelievably boring*
to me in comparison to coding, so if I can write 10 hours of code to
save 2 hours of bashing my head against license documents, I will.

The rtl_tcp route sounds valid, and easy, and something I'd want
anyway.  I know there was a lot of drama surrounding SDR#, which is
precisely why I came here to clear things up and not repeat the same
mistakes.

So who wants to talk about actual SDR stuff instead?  I see on the
Osmocom pages that people already have POCSAG decoding, but FLEX isn't
mentioned (I've only seen closed-source decoders).  I have it working
pretty well, both at 1600 and 6400 bps.  Amazing how much medical stuff
is being broadcast in the clear...

-Scott