News from the OsmoSDR frontier

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Oct 18 09:53:32 UTC 2012

Hi Christian,

thanks for all your work and the major update.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 06:55:42PM +0200, Christian Daniel -- maintech GmbH wrote:
> For this to get working, we had to rewrite major parts of the ARM
> firmware and the FPGA VHDL code. Today this work is completed and I
> can report success: The OsmoSDR now delivers up to 4msps at 14bits.
> Also the strange peaks around Niquist/zero frequency are gone.

great!

> We will now integrate the changes into the OsmoSDR mainboard and
> reroute the now free SSC pins to the pin headers instead of the MCI
> interface. Also we will add the opamps.

Are you going to do more or less full re-route of the board?  If yes, it
might be worth designing the size such that it can fit into a
standard-size (shielded metal) case.  This doesn't mean that everyone
would have to operate it in such a case, but at least it would be nice
if an off-the-shelf case could be used.

> For the already produced OsmoSDR boards, we will have more of the
> prototype stack-on-top-boards.

do those boards only address the opamp / matching, or actually the
SD/MMC interface between FPGA and SAM3U?