rtl-fm yet another audio cature problem

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Nov 17 14:59:44 UTC 2012

Olof Tangrot wrote:
> aplay: main:576: bad speed value 0

The error message indicates that aplay does not function.

> If I break the command apart and generates a intermediate file it
> works but using a pipe does not.

And your testing confirms beyond doubt that your problem is
completely with playback, and not with capture.

> So is there some other shell that I where this might work or is
> there some better why to do this?

Just provide aplay the information that it wants. Or patch it to
discover the information automatically, though that may be difficult.

//Peter