why Docs for the ELONICS E4000 are not published

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue May 15 06:44:40 UTC 2012

Hi Jay,

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 02:42:00PM -0500, Jay Salsburg wrote:
> If anyone has the Datasheets for the ELONICS E4000 and REALTECH
> RTL2832, please share them to osmocom-sdr at lists.osmocom.org or post them to
> http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Hardware

As the person operating the *.osmocom.org servers and thus legally
responsible for all content on the sites I would like to ask everyone
not to do so.   Also, I would like to ask you not to request others
to publish copyrighted material without approval by the owner.

So if anyone has approval from Elonics or Realtek to publicly post those
documents (which I doubt, but it is possible theoretically): Please go
ahead.  Otherwise: Don't.