OT: usb hub power switching (Re: Recent librtlsdr and example program don't work)

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Wed May 9 07:56:57 UTC 2012

Hello Peter,

On Tue, 8 May 2012 23:47:33 +0200, "Peter Stuge" <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> Yes, I haven't seen it available in any userspace API on any system. :\
>
> It may be possible to send the request to the hub from userspace, but
> I haven't tried it.

Older Windows Version (before Vista) had IOCTL_USB_HUB_CYCLE_PORT
to perform a power cycle. I think there is still a way in newer
version too, If I am not wrong the WHQL driver testings tools
do perform USB power cycles frequently when testing USB devices.

Of course the above is only relevant if you care about Windows ;-)

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de