Rtl-Sdr

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Mar 24 21:37:08 UTC 2012

Hi,

Peter Hoffmann wrote:
> I planing to use the Noxon DVB USB Stick as an sdr to listen to our
> baby monitor and extend it's radius this way.

Note that rtl-sdr and osmocom-sdr are different pieces of hardware.

I'm not sure whether rtl-sdr is on topic on this mailing list. Let's
see what others say.

> neither the I/Q nor the cfile I created using the gnu-radio
> companion results in data I can listen to sending it to /dev/audio

A few points:

/dev/audio only accepts very special audio formats. Use a program to
play audio files.

I/Q and cfile may need to be demodulated (gnuradio should do it)
before you get audio information that you can play with the program
for playing audio files.

//Peter