Status Update

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 19:45:30 UTC 2012

Hi Christian,

Why do you want 160MSPS DAC when you have only a USB connection?
IIRC USRP1 in 16-bit mode could not do more then 8MSPS (i.e. 4MSPS in
each direction).

Btw, for about the same BOM cost you could get a single chip
transceiver we use for UmTRX (http://www.limemicro.com/lms6002d.php).
Though its tuning range is a bit higher - 375MHz-4GHz, so it doesn't
fit if you need frequencies below 375MHz.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 23:28, Christian Daniel -- maintech GmbH
<cd at maintech.de> wrote:

> Hiho,
>
> the TX part is pretty much in early design stage, but I can tell you
> about a few ideas we had:
>
> - - FPGA XC6LX25
> - - AD9775 DAC
> - - ADF4350 PLL
> - - ADL5386 I/Q mixer
>
> All neatly stacked on top of the RX board. Output power would be
> around 100mW, frequency range would be 65MHz to 2200MHz.
>
> Of course an external power supply would be needed since USB is not
> powerful enough.
>
> Christian
>
> On 20.03.2012 23:09, Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas wrote:
>>> I have to admit that the advent of the rtl-sdr is bit a kick into
>>> the stomach, but I fear that the problem lies with us and our
>>> slow progress.
>>
>> Perhaps, but still the crazy china sourcing rush and stock luck for
>> get this chip right :)
>>
>>> So - even with a few weeks delay - we can finally look forward to
>>> get our hands at the OsmoSDR and we will have a really good
>>> receiver at our hands!
>>
>> Cheers then :)
>>
>> Btw may be too early to ask, but do you have any roughs plans about
>> the DAC part? that will add lot of value to the solution, besides
>> the fact all drivers and sources are floss. :-)
>>
>> Cristian Paul
>
> - --
> - ---------------------------------------------------
> | maintech #      Dipl. Inf (FH) Christian Daniel |
> |   GmbH ### Otto-Hahn-Str. 15 · D-97204 Höchberg |
> | AG Würzburg, HRB 8790        Tax-ID DE242279645 |
> | http://www.maintech.de           cd at maintech.de |

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru