Status Update

Christian Daniel -- maintech GmbH cd at maintech.de
Wed Mar 21 19:28:51 UTC 2012

Hiho,

the TX part is pretty much in early design stage, but I can tell you
about a few ideas we had:

- - FPGA XC6LX25
- - AD9775 DAC
- - ADF4350 PLL
- - ADL5386 I/Q mixer

All neatly stacked on top of the RX board. Output power would be
around 100mW, frequency range would be 65MHz to 2200MHz.

Of course an external power supply would be needed since USB is not
powerful enough.

Christian

On 20.03.2012 23:09, Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas wrote:
>> I have to admit that the advent of the rtl-sdr is bit a kick into
>> the stomach, but I fear that the problem lies with us and our
>> slow progress.
>
> Perhaps, but still the crazy china sourcing rush and stock luck for
> get this chip right :)
>
>> So - even with a few weeks delay - we can finally look forward to
>> get our hands at the OsmoSDR and we will have a really good
>> receiver at our hands!
>
> Cheers then :)
>
> Btw may be too early to ask, but do you have any roughs plans about
> the DAC part? that will add lot of value to the solution, besides
> the fact all drivers and sources are floss. :-)
>
> Cristian Paul

- --
| maintech #      Dipl. Inf (FH) Christian Daniel |
|   GmbH ### Otto-Hahn-Str. 15 · D-97204 Höchberg |
| AG Würzburg, HRB 8790        Tax-ID DE242279645 |
| http://www.maintech.de           cd at maintech.de |