FC0012 tuner

Steve Markgraf steve at steve-m.de
Mon Mar 19 13:08:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 19.03.2012 13:43, Mathias Coinchon wrote:
> I have an ezcap ez646 USB stick, based on rtl2832u but this one has a
> FC0012 tuner chip.
> I wondered if some of you had information or clues about this tuner as
> you have developped the driver for the FC0013.

The FC0013 driver was taken from the Linux kernel driver that Realtek
released, so can be the FC0012 driver.

See:
http://grok.osmocom.org/source/xref/x-misc-rtl2832u-kernel3/RTL2832-2.2.2_kernel-3.0.0/tuner_fc0012.c

I don't have a stick with a FC0012 yet, but might get one in the next
days. I will add support as soon as I get my hands on it.

It also needs some code to control the GPIOs of the RTL2832, since you
have to toggle a pin of the FC0012 to switch between bands.

Regards,
Steve