Linrad with rtlsdr with and the e4000 tuner.

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jun 23 21:41:56 UTC 2012

Hej Leif!

Leif Asbrink wrote:
> it is the USB interface that is more demanding. Significantly more!

Depends on how the software in the device and on the host is written.

USB per se is not demanding, rather the opposite, as the host
controller does DMA.

A device which makes poor use of USB primitives will of course have
poor performance.

A host software which makes poor use of USB primitives will also have
poor performance.

What freedom the host software has is largely determined by the
device, but of course it's always possible to write bad software..

I didn't look at the ExtIO_RTLSDR source code, so I can't say if it
is doing efficient USB communication or not. Where is the source?

Kind regards

//Peter