Problem under OpenBSD

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 17:54:32 UTC 2012

On 12/9/12, Alan Corey <alancorey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Under OpenBSD 5.0 I get:
> Linking C executable rtl_test
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lrt
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake[2]: *** [src/rtl_test] Error 1
> gmake[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/rtl_test.dir/all] Error 2
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2

On linux, librt provides a very high precision and usually fairly
accurate timer.  This is used by rtl_test to make a rough PPM error
measurement.

I don't know about OpenBSD libraries.  We can either #ifdef in support
for whatever high resolution timer OpenBSD provides (similar to the
OSX specific code in rtl_test) or if no such timers are provided (such
as on Windows) we could #ifdef the whole thing out.

I'm guessing OpenBSD does not have these timers.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com