New User - Setup Problem - osmo/rtl-sdr and grc - Mac OSX

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sun Dec 2 02:44:24 UTC 2012

> I had to move all the installed files from /usr/local to /opt/local in order
> to get everything into the right place for the macports gnuradio to find it.

I'm not sure whether this is the problem here, but this in itself is bad.
When you compile from source, often the paths get hard-coded into the
executables.  Once you move them, the hard-coded paths are no longer valid and
all sorts of strange 'not found' errors can appear.

I would suggest recompiling, but changing the installation path to /opt/local
instead of the default /usr/local, so that any hard-coded paths remain valid
after installation.

Cheers,
Adam.