RTL_FM fails on OS X

Christoph Gommel cgommel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 08:47:52 UTC 2012

Hello,

I was completely happy that rtl-sdr builds without any problems in my
iMac (with OSX 10.8.1 and latest Macports).

Using a RLT2832-Dongle that is plugged into my mac on other machines
via rtl_tcp works well, also recording data is working.

What fails is running rtl_fm:

iGommel:build chg$ rtl_fm -f 97300000 -s 44100 test.raw
Found 1 device(s):
  0:  Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000291

Using device 0: ezcap USB 2.0 DVB-T/DAB/FM dongle
Found Elonics E4000 tuner
Oversampling input by: 23x.
Oversampling output by: 1x.
Buffer size: 8.08ms
Tuned to 97553575 Hz.
Sampling at 1014300 Hz.
Exact sample rate is: 1014300.020041 Hz
Tuner gain set to -1.00 dB.
Floating point exception: 8

Unfortunately i don't have the debugging skills to find the position
of the Floating point exception without a high-level GUI ;)

Any idea what can be done by me to help chasing the bug?

Christoph