Bug hunting

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Aug 7 14:49:34 UTC 2012

Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> Please find attached the full log.

Thanks!

> I can provide u with a simple python program, but it will depends
> on gnuradio, gr-osmosdr and you will need a compatible device
> plugged in as well.

No problem, but I think I find the problem.

> libusb: 0.783771 debug [libusb_handle_events_timeout_completed] doing our own event handling
> libusb: 0.783793 debug [handle_events] poll() 3 fds with timeout in 1000ms
> libusb: 0.783811 debug [libusb_release_interface] interface 0
> libusb: 0.785853 debug [handle_events] poll() returned 1

The above lines show that the interface is released while event
handling is still running. The destructor was called while the IO
thread is running, and the destructor does cancel all IO, but it only
waited 200 ms for the IO to complete, before it went on to close
everything. Please try the attached patch for gr-osmosdr.

This may or may not be the appropriate fix. This should perhaps be
fixed inside rtl-sdr, or even libusb (we're already considering it)
instead.

//Peter