gr-ais with osmosdr

Christian Gagneraud chris at techworks.ie
Sun Aug 5 20:49:53 UTC 2012

On 05/08/12 20:57, Dimitri Stolnikov wrote:
> Hi Christian,

Hi Dimitri,

> On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 20:45:28 +0200, Christian Gagneraud
> <chris at techworks.ie> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I saw a message in the July archive (I wasn't subscribed yet at that
>> date) about updating gr-ais with osmosdr support.
>> I was working on the same thing recently, so i decided to publish my
>> fixes on top of Antoine's one.
>> The result can be found here:
>> https://github.com/chgans/gr-ais
>
> thanks a lot for sharing your work.
>
>> I got it working with both an FCD and an RTL:
>> ais_rx.py --rate 96e3 --gain 30 --error -17 -d -D fcd=0
>> ais_rx.py --rate 1024e3 --gain 30 --error -110 -d -D rtl=0
>>
>> Strangely passing freq_err=XX parameter to the source (using -D),
>> doesn't work, the use of --error is thus needed (which will do a
>> set_freq_corr()).
>
> The parameter freq_err was never supported, you may use
> rtl_xtal/tuner_xtal parameters for rtlsdr devices only to specify the
> real xtal value you have measured, this is almost equivalent to calling
> set_freq_corr() function.

Ok, it's good to know.
I've sent a request today to Harald for an access to the Wiki (according
to the instructions on the login page), I would like to update the
GsOsmoSdr page, I think it would be very nice if all the options were
documented, with device specific information and example too.

Chris

--
Christian Gagneraud,
Embedded systems engineer.