OsmoGGSN - Centos 7 Support

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Tue Oct 16 12:57:29 UTC 2018

Hi Duleep,

I never used Centos, but I don't see any reason why OsmoGGSN wouldn't
compile or run fine. OsmoGGSN is known to build and run fine in other
Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSuse, ArchLinux,
OpenEmbedded etc.

I personally found some build issues while building it in some old
Yocto/OE poky release using old kernel and libc combination due to ipv6
support including ipv6 headers which didn't have proper UAPI support at
the time, but I don't think you are going to run into this issue.

The only problematic support you may find is in case you want to enable
GTP in kernel. You'll need to build/install libgtpnl and make sure your
kernel supports it, but you can run totally fine without this feature
too otherwise.

- Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de>         http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93
* 10559 Berlin, Germany
* Geschaeftsfuehrer / Managing Director: Harald Welte