Semantic Patching (was Re: Current osmo-pcu patch set)

Max msuraev at sysmocom.de
Thu Sep 28 12:31:24 UTC 2017

Thank you for the links - I went over docs, related tutorials etc. It's a great tool
indeed but it's a tool for C.

OsmoPCU is written in C++ which is supported in spatch only at rudimentary level.
Moreover, the OsmoPCU code actively mixes C and C++. All-in-all I did not managed to
find a way to apply changes both to headers and the code at the same time.

For example, attached semantic patch properly updates all the invocations on
alloc_algorithm*() but not the definitions so the result is uncompilable.

So the question is, how shall I proceed with spatch?
- apply what's possible and do the rest manually?
- don't use it at all for c++?

Of course it might as well be the case that the patch is wrong or that I'm calling
spatch in a wrong way:
spatch --c++ --dir src -I src --sp-file alloc.spatch --in-place --recursive-includes

Ideas, opinions are greatly appreciated.

--
Max Suraev <msuraev at sysmocom.de> http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93