sgsnemu failing to create PDP context with Cisco GGSN

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Sep 13 22:43:09 UTC 2016

Thanks for your patch!
It looks good in principle, but let's clarify some details.

I can't find the 'Bearer Control Mode' in the GTP spec I have here (ETSI TS 129
060 V6.9.0 (2005-06) / 3GPP TS 29.060 version 6.9.0 Release 6), so it looks
like a vendor specific extension. You don't happen to have a spec on it?

Your patch includes some unwanted whitespace changes, it would be great to get
rid of those. I'm marking them below:

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:00:37AM +0200, BJovke . wrote:
>  - if (j < GTPIE_SIZE) {
>  + case GTPIE_BCM:
>  +      if (j < GTPIE_SIZE) {

The 'if (j...' line shouldn't change.

>  - iesize = 2;
>  + case GTPIE_BCM:
>  +        iesize = 2;

The iesize line shouldn't change. (x2)

In fact, those whitespace changes look weird, because in the upstream file
version, the indenting you're apparently adding is already present.

It is easiest for us if you submit your patch using git send-email, or at least
git format-patch, which also ensures that we get a commit log message and
author information, and that the patch is based on our master HEAD.

It would be great if you could resolve these issues. Thanks again!

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93