openggsn fails on debian 8

Kasper Nielsen kasp.niel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:24:42 UTC 2015

alcohol was a typo from my operating system.

when running autoreconf -i I get this:

autoreconf -i
aclocal: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not '
configure.in'
aclocal: warning: couldn't open directory 'm4': No such file or directory
automake: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not '
configure.in'
configure.in:13: installing './compile'
configure.in:7: installing './config.guess'
configure.in:7: installing './config.sub'
configure.in:14: installing './install-sh'
configure.in:105: installing './missing'
Makefile.am: installing './INSTALL'
automake: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not '
configure.in'
ggsn/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
gtp/Makefile.am:1: error: Libtool library used but 'LIBTOOL' is undefined
gtp/Makefile.am:1:   The usual way to define 'LIBTOOL' is to add 'LT_INIT'
gtp/Makefile.am:1:   to 'configure.in' and run 'aclocal' and 'autoconf'
again.
gtp/Makefile.am:1:   If 'LT_INIT' is in 'configure.in', make sure
gtp/Makefile.am:1:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
lib/Makefile.am:1: error: library used but 'RANLIB' is undefined
lib/Makefile.am:1:   The usual way to define 'RANLIB' is to add
'AC_PROG_RANLIB'
lib/Makefile.am:1:   to 'configure.in' and run 'autoconf' again.
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1