Status of sysmocom/master W50

Holger Hans Peter Freyther hfreyther at sysmocom.de
Wed Dec 18 12:48:52 UTC 2013

Good Afternoon,

last week at the sysmocom office Daniel and me continued to work on the
window handling. We have now a proper abstraction that allows us to unit
test the DL and UL window handling. The encode/decode of the RBB is now
compatible to itself.

While doing our manual tests (sending a big enough ICMP echo request)
we noticed that in the alloc algorithm b case the we get a lot of NACKs.
In the same setup (only alloc algorithm is changed) the A algorithm has
no NACKs.

I am now going to re-write the allocation handling. In terms of operation
on the first DL assignment (through the PCH) we can only use a singleslot
but when re-using the TBF we might go for multislot. In case the of UL
handling we could always try to use multislot assignments. Is this
understanding correct?

holger

--
- Holger Freyther <hfreyther at sysmocom.de>       http://www.sysmocom.de/