libosmocore.git branch master updated. 0.10.2-208-ge1a86748

gitosis at osmocom.org gitosis at osmocom.org
Thu Mar 15 17:38:53 UTC 2018


This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script. It was
generated because a ref change was pushed to the repository containing
the project "An utility library for Open Source Mobile Communications".

The branch, master has been updated
       via  e1a86748a2c7f6154644deee0477f629a86ca8ec (commit)
      from  2873bf1f331dc07e6c92b4f6a0b45f26683a0f0b (commit)

Those revisions listed above that are new to this repository have
not appeared on any other notification email; so we list those
revisions in full, below.

- Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
http://cgit.osmocom.org/libosmocore/commit/?id=e1a86748a2c7f6154644deee0477f629a86ca8ec

commit e1a86748a2c7f6154644deee0477f629a86ca8ec
Author: Stefan Sperling <ssperling at sysmocom.de>
Date:   Thu Mar 15 18:05:02 2018 +0100

    fix cell identifier decoding in libosmocore
    
    The cell ID list decoder merged in 11a4d9dd91216fe353e94bfdbbab53bc4f891c0d
    has a bug which was introduced part-way through the review process in
    gerrit at https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/6509/
    
    When Neels suggested "why not just {...}id_list[MAXLEN] once?" I changed
    the cell identifier list from a union of arrays to an array of unions.
    
    After this change, elements smaller than the largest type in the union
    were not laid out consecutively in memory anymore. E.g. uint16_t lac
    values now occur at offsets of sizeof(id_list[0]) instead of offsets
    of sizeof(uint16_t).
    
    The problem is that I forgot to adjust the decoder accordingly, so the
    decoder writes to the wrong offsets and returns cell identifier lists
    which appear to contain uninitialized values when read back by API
    consumers.
    
    I found this problem while adding new regression tests to libosmocore to
    test encoding and decoding. This commit adds one such tests for LAC list
    decoding, which failed due to the above bug. I plan to write more tests,
    however because this first test already uncovered a severe issue I chose
    to submit a fix now and work on additional tests in later commits.
    
    Change-Id: Ie1a5a9d858226be578cf11a03cf996d509bd51fb
    Related: OS#2847

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary of changes:
 src/gsm/gsm0808_utils.c      | 31 ++++++++++++++++---------------
 tests/gsm0808/gsm0808_test.c | 37 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 53 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)


hooks/post-receive
-- 
An utility library for Open Source Mobile Communications


More information about the osmocom-commitlog mailing list