Cellspot v2 LTE femtocells available free of charge

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Sep 26 20:23:55 UTC 2021

Dear Osmocom community,

some years ago sysmocom acquired a batch of > 30 T-Mobile Cellspot v2
femtocells, with the vague idea to "root" them and use them as a
low-cost eNodeB with open5gs.  They also seem to support HSPA in
addition to LTE, with 8 simultaneous users on either of the two.

Unfortunately we never found the time to really dig into them, and we
primarily work with other more high-end eNodeBs these days. So we're
giving them away for free.  All you have to cover is the cost of
shipping.

Some information on those devices can be found at
https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/7ii5jm/4g_lte_cellspot_v2_virtual_teardown/ - they are
Alcatel-Lucent 9961 v2, based on a Qualcomm Femtocell chipset.

Note: This really only makes sense for people who want to spend
significant time to try to get them "owned" or "rooted" in order to use
them with your own EPC rather than the one of T-Mobile.

In case you're interested in one or multiple units: Please send an
e-mail to sales at sysmocom.de stating the quantity as well as your
shipping address.  We will then get a shipping rete and send you a
quote.

Happy hacking,