Osmocom redmine upgrade / Let me know if something broke

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Wed Oct 27 18:33:03 UTC 2021

Dear Osmocom community,

today we finally upgraded our redmine installation from the unmaintained
3.4.x to the latest 4.2.3.  The upgrade had been overdue for years,
but today we (actually, Kevin) finally managed to find out how to make
the openid_provider plugin to work with modern rails 5.x.

In any case, I'm just informing you in case there is some unexpected fallout.

I've verified that at least the following appears working:
* logging into redmine
* openid authentication from gerrit.osmocom.org (also after logout/relogin)
* graphviz rendering
* mscgen rendering

There could however still be unexpected problems, particularly in features
such as
* e-mail notifications from redmine
* updating redmine issues via e-mail
* git integration ("Closes: OS#xxxx")

If you run into any troubles, pleas report to https://osmocom.org/projects/osmocom-servers
or if that also fails, feel free to send e-mails.

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/