where to send pySim patches

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Wed Mar 17 16:11:14 UTC 2021

Hi Bjoern,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 08:56:35AM +0000, Riemer, Björn wrote:
> we are working on extensions to pySim for the sjs2 card mainly to make our 5G phones to accept our network.

excellent.  I presume it mostly relates to either disabling some EF.UST entries related to 5G, or filling
those files in DF_5GS with content?

> How should we send this patches?

We are using a gerrit-based patch submission process, see
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Gerrit
and
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/q/project:pysim

gerrit is integrated with jenkins, wehre a build slave will execute
automatic tests with a variety of different physical SIM cards.

Only if those pass, you get a V+1.  And we perform code review/voting
in the gerrit, too.

> Via this mailing list or should we wait a little longer until Harald finished restructuring the mailing lists?

I would prefer to submit via gerrit.  If you face some difficulties, we can
fall back to the mailing list, but then somebody will have to pick the patches
up from the ML and push them in gerrit anyway, as all our commits go through
gerrit for automatic testing and approvals.

Thanks,

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/