working dahdi config for Ericsson RBS 2000

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Fri Sep 18 21:22:42 UTC 2020

Hi Ivan,

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 11:44:43PM +0300, Ivan Babanov wrote:

> Can anybody share a working /etc/dahdi/system.conf file?

as usual, it depends on your configuration.  The RBS can be configured to do E1 or T1,
and in case of E1 it can be configured to do CRC4 or not.  That needs to
reflect on your DAHDI side.  Similarly, the E1 timing source (which is very critical, as
the DAHDI cards don't have a clock source stable enough for the RBS to be reliably happy with)

> 1. Which signaling should be used? CAS? CCS? RBS?
> 2. There is the same thing with framing. hdb3?

For a E1 line with CRC4 enabled, you need:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

> 3. parameter "dslot=1,4" pointed in RBS2000 wiki looks wrong. dahdi_cnf
> does not work with it at least now.

IIRC it's called 'dchan', not 'dslot'.  But we configure that from
osmo-bsc now, so you can simply not specify any D-channels from
system.conf.  Simply use "bchan=1-31".

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/