Osmo-SIP-Connector Version 6

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Fri May 29 08:19:34 UTC 2020

Hello Sonny,

thank you for such a detailed report.

> Does anyone here tried to upgrade the your working OSMO environment to its latest version?

I guess almost everybody (at least in development team) nowadays is
using the new CNI stack with separate components (BSC, MSC, HLR),
because osmo-nitb has been deprecated years ago. We don't really want
to look back all the time and keep compatibility layers for osmo-nitb
in other components. This means that you're mostly on your own with
osmo-nitb.

> Since I don’t use the osmo-msc instead I am using the osmo-nitb for the standalone project

I would still recommend you to use the new stack, since we have fixed
tons of bugs and implemented many new features. But if it's not
possible, you could try to downgrade osmo-sip-connector.
Alternatively, you could implement handling of the new MNCC protocol
version (6) in osmo-nitb. I believe it's just a few minutes of work,
basically: updating some structures and bumping protocol version in
the header file. Patches are welcome ;)

Good luck!

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.