osmo-msc: repeatpaging?

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Mon Nov 4 09:50:52 UTC 2019

Hi Neels,

I think the main issue is that there appears to be differences between 2G and 3G
here, at least with those systems that we use for 3G (mostly nano3G).

While according to fixeria, repeating of paging is required on the Iu/3G side to make
things work reliably, we wshould not require or do it on the A/2G side - for reasons
you have covered in your e-mail.

I didn't review the Iu paging related specs.  IF they agree with 2G and paging should
only be sent once, then maybe we're just looking at an implementation flaw of the nano3G?

One could repeat that test with other 3G hNB hardware such as sysmoCell 5000, and compare
the results.  In the worst case, we could add some kind of vty command, or we could
also think of repeating the pagign messages in the hnb-gw, *if* it's only an implementation
flaw.

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/