OsmoTRX - osmo-trx-usrp-1 Aborted :: Assertion 'px != 0' failed

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Jan 10 11:11:03 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 03:54:05AM +0000, Sergey Mayzus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to use OsmoTRX (osmo-trx-usrp1) with USRP1 SDR,

this is great news, thanks for looking into this.  I don't think anyone in
Osmocom has been using a USRP1 for quite some time, so your mileage may vary.

It would be great to iron out the problems you experience and ensure continued
support of this old SRD platform.

> Thu Jan 10 04:47:04 2019 DDEV <0002> USRPDevice.cpp:98 [tid=3066698432] opening
> USRP device..
> Can't find firmware: std.ihx

This is probably the key here.  The firmware file for the USRP1 device was not
found.  You could strace osmo-trx-usrp1 to see where it expects that file, and
then try to put it in the right location.

It seems that our libusrp.git doesn't include that file, thought.

UHD ships the file at /usr/share/uhd/images/usrp1_fw.ihx, but I'm not sure if it's
compatible with old libusrp.

I think the firmware used to be built together with libusrp, but I don't recall
the details.. It's been so many years back.