CBCH support for osmo-bts-trx

Lorenzo Cavallini lorenzo.cavallini at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 09:30:58 UTC 2018

Hi,
I've seen the latest commits and tested them. I can confirm that now SMSCBs
are working in the CCCH+SDCCH4+CBCH configuration, however the funny part
is they're working on my extremely old, pre-iPhone era Samsung mobile
phone, where I can receive the smscb message. On my iPhone8 and Honor9 I
still can't get anything, but that's not an issue, I just wanted to be sure
that SMSCBs are being delivered. Anyway, the location update procedure is
successfully completed in all three phones I've tested.
I'll do other tests meanwhile and try to understand why they're not being
displayed by "modern" phones, most likely they're being blocked in the
baseband before reaching Android/iOS, but again this is not a problem. I
can see some garbage text on my old Samsung, so it might be some issues
with encoding.
Anyway, thanks for the support!

Regards,

Lorenzo