OsMux + MGW + SIP

Rafael Diniz rafael at riseup.net
Tue Sep 11 13:00:49 UTC 2018

Hi all,

>> The hard problem to solve, as indicated, is how to express osmux in SDP,
>> and then how to use SIP+OSMUX on the connections between OsmoMSCs of
>> different vilalges and/or your central "public network gateway".
>
> OK, Let's concetrate on that as the central problem to be solved here.
>
> Maybe Pablo can pick it up here with thoughts?
>
> (also Rafael, if you're listening, I think this response from Harald
> should clarify some concerns you had about media streams and signaling
> over vSAT)

Hi there, I'm listening.
; )

So are we trying to use OsMux for calls on different MSCs using SIP,
right? So I should concentrate on making osmo-mgw, osmo-msc and
osmo-sip-connector play nicelly with OsMux and SIP?

Btw, why SIP if we can still use MGCP to control the media plane with
OsMux multiplex?

Cheers,
Rafael Diniz