CommunityCellularManager (Re: Network interconnection over VPN/SIP)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Oct 22 19:59:15 UTC 2018

Hi Matthew,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:51:32AM -0700, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> to public voip network communication. The project was originally run by the
> Telecom Infra Project, but was abandoned by them last year

It's sad to hear that it has been officially abandoned :(

It was more or less apparent to me that priorities had somewhat changed/shifted
and that none of the more or less expected steps (like porting it to the
post-NITB osmocom stack) have happened.

> after they moved to a new (unfortunately private) internal tool

This is the first time I'm hearing about some private internal tool that
replaces CCM.  Are you able to share more information about this?

I've asked the OpenCellular project to clarify this in their forum, see
http://ocforum.telecominfraproject.com/t/status-of-communitycellularmanager/86

Unfortunately the Forum doesn't [yet] seem to be very active.