Status of external USSD applications?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Oct 19 20:43:23 UTC 2018

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 10:56:38AM -0700, Michael Benedict wrote:
> I see that Rowan Phipps at UW has modified an earlier version of the
> Osmocom stack to run arbitrary USSD sessions from a Python web server.

I currently don't recall any such work being discusesd here or being submitted
for mainline?  Maybe I forgot, my apologies.

> It looks like related work was started in 9658 and 9661 [1], [2]. Are these
> commits working, and what would be the best way for me to contribute to or
> test this work?

The commits are working and are actually automatically continuously tested against
latest master of OsmoMSC, see the test cases starting at
http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-ttcn3-hacks/tree/msc/MSC_Tests.ttcn#n2146
and those against OsmoHLR at
http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-ttcn3-hacks/tree/hlr/HLR_Tests.ttcn#n778

The test results analyzer of our jenkins at https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/TTCN3/job/ttcn3-msc-test/test_results_analyzer/ also shows that all ussd related tests are passing.

Please see https://media.ccc.de/v/osmocon2018-61-external-ss-ussd-interface#t=0
for a very current video abut the feature (recorded today at the Osmocom Conference).

Also refer to Section 7.1 of the OsmoHLR user manual at
http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmohlr-usermanual.pdf