FOSS SIM applets for sysmoUSIM-SJS1

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Oct 17 07:12:53 UTC 2018

Hi J. Felix,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 07:45:42PM +0200, J. Félix Ontañon Podsystem wrote:
> Hi Osmocom community. Pretty happy to attend this year and looking forward
> to see you in a few days.

Same here!

> We've been for some time developing some open source (gplv3) applets for
> the sysmoUSIM units. Still simple experiments, yet promising:
>
> https://github.com/PodgroupConnectivity/sim-applet-apn-autoconf
> https://github.com/PodgroupConnectivity/sim-applet-data-heartbeat
> https://github.com/PodgroupConnectivity/sim-applet-sms-im-alive

This is great, thanks a lot for sharing.  It has been many years since
we (particularly Dieter, based on prior work by shadytel) have been
releasing a "Hello World" for writing Java Cardlets for the
sysmoUSIM-SJS1, but we never really saw anyone doing much with it beyond
reproducing getting the "Hello World" to run - at least not in the
public.

It's great that this is changing now.  Do you have an account on
osmocom.org?  Please let me know your user name so I can give you wiki
editing permission.  You can then add links to your projects to e.g.
http://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/SysmoUSIM-SJS1

@pmaier: Please also include links to the related projects into the
sysmoUSIM manual in the related section about Java capabilities.