SS requests do bad things.

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Oct 12 10:39:11 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:30:17PM +0200, Keith wrote:
> A while back I noticed a phone of mine was holding channels open all the
> time. Turns out in does checks for call forwarding status and such on
> camping.
>
> This got fixed in Legacy OpenBSC:
>
> https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/openbsc/+/503/
>
> I noticed this, or something similar is back with the split setup.
>
> Try dialing *#21# for example. or pick a code from here:
> http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php
>
> Then make a call. On some phones you can't, but if it does proceed, then
> hangup. On all the phones I tried you now have not only a lingering
> SDCCH, but also a TCH/F and on one phone, it doesn't ever go away, until
> you turn off the phone, or drop the BCCH.

^ I think even that, even without a pcap, would qualify as a non-lame new
issue, easier to track than a loose mail thread. Fear not, if an issue turns
out lame, we can always Reject it.

I do that all the time: create a vague issue, add info later; possibly see my
own failure to understand what was going on, and drop them.

~N