SS requests do bad things.

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Oct 12 06:59:30 UTC 2018

Hi Keith,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:30:17PM +0200, Keith wrote:
> Another one not quite ready for a ticket, but maybe worth mentioning here.

Why is it not ready?  All that is missing to create a ticket is to include
a pcap of Abis/A/GSUP from when you do the test...

> A while back I noticed a phone of mine was holding channels open all the
> time. Turns out in does checks for call forwarding status and such on
> camping.

Was this before or after the external SS interface was introduced,
particularly

commit 8a6ef55ec5838bdac3b5780bfc404c9b732d944f
Author: Vadim Yanitskiy <axilirator at gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Jun 12 08:21:20 2018 +0700

?

In theory, all non-call related SS (NC_SS) should now be handled at the HLR,
and the HLR should reject any of those.

The codes you refer to are, however, call related SS.  I never looked into
those much.

Please file an issue including protocol traces. tHanks.