3G with Asterisk connection

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Nov 20 14:23:34 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 11:50:59PM +0900, Pierre Kim wrote:
> I see, some information about IuUP certainly wouldn't hurt, for the good
> of all of us.

/me digs up older post:

So far I know of 3GPP TS 25.414, 5.1.3.3.2 RTP Payload:
"A single Iu UP PDU, as described in TS 25.415 [24], shall be transported as RTP payload."

And 25.415 contains the juicy bits.

We have osmo-mgw branch neels/iuup refactoring some RTP packet handling to be
able to easily strip/insert an IuUP header with correct checksums etc., and we
have libosmocore branch laforge/iu_up implementing a state machine about
unshuffling the payload bits. I guess to get a working solution we would need
to marry those two branches and fix whatever is still broken/not implemented in
there. They are still potentially wildly incompatible.

> Is there anything else to do other than the -M flag? And to clarify, SIP

I wish someone more familiar with external MNCC would take over here. Anyone?

If I were alone on this, I would try to decipher the MGCP messages between MSC
and MGW-for-MSC (CRCX, MDCX), and see whether it instructs the MGW to send
towards SIP. And look at MSC debug logging. Not sure if that's the easiest way.

~N