voting in gerrit: merge at +3? (+2+1 / +1+1+1)

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Thu Nov 15 17:43:20 UTC 2018

On 15/11/2018 15:41, Max wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I second this: rules have to be enforced by technical means whenever
> possible.

wow.

It's interesting this should come up right now - I've recently been
spending a lot of time reading about, watching documentaries, (last
night it was the Bolsheviks!!) and generally studying the whole concept
of this machine controlled society we (tech people) are blindly making
for ourselves. And it's certainly one in which do not want to live, nor
do I want anybody else I care about to live in.

As said Neels, I'll refrain from expressing my opinion again after this,
so just once more; A "community" that can operate without the technical
enforcement of rules will be a more healthy community.

The other way will come back and bite you, eventually.

> "I know I shouldn't have but..."

A little more on topic:

I count >30 known users on gerrit. Do we all have +1 ability? Then it
wouldn't be hard to see this technical solution just create division, or
at the very least consume time of those who have to be vigilantes and -1
some things in time.