AMR misconfiguration or bug

Omar Ramadan oramadan at fb.com
Sun Nov 4 00:52:19 UTC 2018

Hi Neels, Keith, Harald,

Thanks all for your responses

> Just a quick note, I noticed pmaier fixing some AMR related problems quite
recently. Just maybe using most up-to-date nightly / master builds could help?

I've recompiled my MGW, BSC, MSC from master

> I'm not sure, this is just off the top of my head, but I'd hazard a guess that not having all AMR modes "allowed" in open-bsc.cfg might do the trick for you.

That seemed to be the issue causing the error. It seems that the call is setup with a length two multirate configuration which means I can only activate only a single AMR codec according to src/common/amr.c:amr_parse_mr_conf

Still couldn't figure out how to configure more than a single AMR codec. Call has proceeded further, but still can't establish a call using freeswitch as PBX. The SIP connector is still being incorrectly assigned the PCMU codec.

Attaching more traces.

Thanks