Huawei BBU3900

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon May 14 19:14:50 UTC 2018

Hi Shingy,

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 07:51:28PM +0200, Shingirai Simba wrote:
> My name is shingy and like Nico it's my first post on mailing list.

welcome!

> I have access to both the Huawei BBU3900 and Old ZTE BTS at my
> university.(Not sure of model as yet). Would love to do that on my
> masters degree.

We would be more than happy to integrate any code for supporting more vendors
in OsmoBSC.

> Does anyone have an idea how we can get our hands on protocol traces.

I would expect your university has some BSC/network simulator or a core network+BSC
to get those BTSs up and running?  How were they used so far?

If you have some kind of environment where the BTSs can be brought up, and you
have some additional E1 interface cards so you can trace the interface between
BSC and BTS, a significant step forward is made.

However, if you don't have protocol-level documentation from Huawei or ZTE,
and you cannot get any Abis protocol traces of BTS bring-up, it is almost
impossible to get them ever supported from Osmocom, sorry.