Hardware for 3G

Bruckner Jan (ETAS-SEC/ECT-Mu) Jan.Bruckner at escrypt.com
Fri Mar 9 08:34:57 UTC 2018

Hi Neels,

>> Are there any alternatives I'm not aware of other than using
>> non-Osmocom projects?

>Could you rephrase that? :)

Sure :)
I looked into other 2G/3G projects, mainly OpenBTS and YateBTS and saw that
OpenBTS-UMTS should support 3G with my SDR. But I'd very much prefer
sticking to Osmocom, because OpenBTS seems not very active, at least towards
the public. So I was wondering if someone might be working on another
Osmocom project that I have not come across yet, that might provide an
alternative to buying a nano3G.
Actually, I just found [1], which also uses the nano3G. So nano3G seems like
the way to go right now.

Jan

[1]
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Accelerate3g5_--_b