build slaves

Max msuraev at sysmocom.de
Mon Jan 8 09:27:53 UTC 2018

On 07.01.2018 22:19, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> It's because of
> "ImportError: No module named setuptools"
>
> since your commit, where you obviously never checked whether setuptools is
> available on the build slaves

My bad, for some reason I was sure it's part of the standard library.
> I see console logs fine.
> https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/update-osmo-ci-on-slaves/63/label=OsmocomBuild1/console
> https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/update-osmo-ci-on-slaves/63/label=build2-deb8build/console

I've looked in the wrong place after all - I don't see equivalent for
update-osmo-python-on-slaves job.

> So do we really need this setuptools thing or can we just revert the change?

Yes, we really need it because that's how jenkins.sh used by
update-osmo-python-on-slaves works: by calling python setup.py ...

Besides, it's only missing on build1-debian9-lxc
<https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/All%20no%20Gerrit/job/update-osmo-python-on-slaves/label=build1-debian9-lxc/>
- we should bring it on par with build2-deb8build
<https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/All%20no%20Gerrit/job/update-osmo-python-on-slaves/label=build2-deb8build/>
andOsmocomBuild1 slaves.
<https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/All%20no%20Gerrit/job/update-osmo-python-on-slaves/label=OsmocomBuild1/>

Or, better yet, unify the process of provisioning a build slave.
<https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/All%20no%20Gerrit/job/update-osmo-python-on-slaves/label=OsmocomBuild1/>

--
Max Suraev <msuraev at sysmocom.de> http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93