voting in gerrit: merge at +3? (+2+1 / +1+1+1)

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Dec 10 23:13:36 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 02:51:08PM +0100, Oliver Smith wrote:
> On 12/10/18 2:41 PM, Max wrote:
> > What is "New UI"?
>
> There's a link at the bottom of the site, "Switch to New UI":
> https://gerrit.osmocom.org/?polygerrit=1

The single worst issue in the "new UI" for me is that when a patch is in "WIP"
mode, it is impossible "Reply" and send the draft comments. For that I need to

I also think some design choices are too thin/flimsy and "hard to see", the old
ui has more contrast and substance.

I tried to send feedback on it, but doing so requires a google login or
something equally useless, and they don't just provide an email address. So
there I wasn't willing to drill further...

Otherwise the new UI is a huge improvement in that each patch shows the related
patches *in the right sequence*, and on the summary page there is a row
highlight on mouse hover, so it's 1000x easier to click the right row.  Also
the new UI remembers the patch reply text even if you click on an in-file draft
comment and come back later, where the old UI obliterates your text.

Remembering the UI choice seems to be a cookie, so if you remove cookies on
browser closing, you will always be thrown back to the old ui.

...so much for that :)

~N