Planning for OsmoCon + OsmoDevCon

Pablo Neira Ayuso pablo at gnumonks.org
Tue Oct 17 09:28:34 UTC 2017

Hi Harald,

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 06:18:44PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
[...]
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 10:48:49AM -0500, Keith wrote:
> > Yes, certainly for OsmoDevCon, Seville would mean travel and
> > expense for most.
> >  But how about the OsmoCon (assuming the decision was not to
> > have them back-to-back)?
>
> Possible, but I'm not sure if Pablo was volunteering for a significantly
> larger event: OsmoCon was 60 people this year, so I would expect it to
> be at least that same size next year.

We can do this here too. I can find someone here - I promise it won't
be me - to volunteer to make cost estimations that we can deliver to
you asap, so you get an idea on whether this will be more expensive or
cheaper. Even if this is not organized this time, it can be useful in
the future to start moving the conference around Europe.

If flight costs are important, we would need to make a few questions
though, there are things like rough flight cost estimations that we
would like to make, so statistics on city/country of origin of people
that will attend may be useful.

No need to make it this time if it's too tight, we can very much
likely offer this later on.

> > I imagine that would mean a LOT more logistics work there,
> > maybe too much, like bringing CCC VOC for example.
>
> Indeed.

Video recording should not be a problem here, if there's anything else
to take into account, let me know!

Thanks.